Inspired to create artistic social justice and sociology? Then SocRogueScholars would look forward to consider your work for publication under our Poetic Justices series! All submissions for Poetic Justices must follow these guidelines:
- Will consider poetry, short prose (fiction and/or nonfiction), and art
- Submission is grounded in a strong sociological/social-justice lens
- Refrain from strong and otherwise vulgar language
- Refrain from depicting explicit sexual/violent content
- Provide title for work
- All text should be submitted in Word format, double spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font, should not exceed 1000 words
- All artwork should be submitted in .jpg format
We also reserve the right to request the author to submit additional drafts if found appropriate. Submissions already in other publications or otherwise posted online will not be accepted. If accepted, author will be asked to provide a short bio* to be posted on the blog as well. Expect a response within 3-5 business days of your submission.
Submissions are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Should your submission be accepted for publication, your bio should be no more than 400 words in length. We encourage you to introduce your academic and professional backgrounds, yet personal information (whatever you feel comfortable sharing) is also welcomed. A picture of yourself is recommended but not necessary, and any images you would like to add can be used so long as they are licensed under Creative Commons or you have taken/created them yourself.